A collection of poems depicting motherhood and faith.
Aesthetically, this book is gorgeous. The colors and the doodles could make for a beautiful coffee table book. However, the poems leave more to be desired. They are short and don’t use varied sentence structure, which made for a redundant read for me personally. Don’t get me wrong, I love short poem, but these poems don’t play with language to explore the themes conveyed in this collection. Instead, they read more like epitaphs or Instagram captions. These poems weren’t for me, but some may find comfort and connection with Guinery’s vulnerability.
- Published by: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publish date: April 13, 2021
- Number of pages: 224 pages
- Author’s website: https://tessguinery.co/
- Support local! Buy the book on BookShop!